Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Altar'd

We have a couple of altars in the house.  The main one is the living room fireplace that we never use.  Except as an altar of course.  That one has the statues of Odin, Frigga, and Thor.  There's also usually a couple of skulls of various fauna, but that's just because I like skulls and use them to decorate.  We change the look of this altar pretty regularly, and usually with the seasons.  Soon well have evergreen branches among the trinkets and stockings hung under the gods on the mantle. 

The one in the kitchen is kind of a family altar.  There are little bits and bobs that either came from, or remind us of someone close.  Someone here or someone that has passed.  The kitchens is where I do most of my spiritual work too, so most if not all of my tools are kept there.  My candles, knives, incense, etc.

Now I'm setting up a new altar in my studio.  So far its just the housing.  I'm not sure what will ultimately go on or in it.  It will grow organically I suppose.  The altar itself was suppose to be made into a doggie bed for Mojo, but for those of you that don't know, Mojo tried to attack Bam, so he was sent away.  Sorry, but no second chances there.  But its too nice a piece to not use, so an altar it is.  It adds a bit more storage space to my already cramped space.  Bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment